Monday, January 30, 2006

Proposal for the project “PAGES”
Melissa Bugarella



For this project I am interested in researching critics and video artist that could help me or even participate into the pages project maybe by organising a symposiums or a screening. Particularly I would like to investigate the role of women in the video art and performance field and invite theorists and critics to create an interactive debate that would expand to the public and the women’s library.
Since video and sound art are between the most recent forms of art practise, I would in a way expect to include the women’s library and the public into updating and questioning the role of theory and video in contemporary society.
I would like to be able to contact a variety of European artist and theorist possibly covering a range that would expand into the eastern European countries since those are from the most recent to join the European union.
I intend to achieve the previously mentioned goals by initiating a dialog with the different women that I would like to invite and make part of the project. This process would involve contacting them by mail, e-mail, telephone and possibly visiting them in their studios and cities, and I will document any research and development through photographs, written mail and film if necessary. This could then be used in the need of archiving a process of communication and exchange between the participants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home